I felt just like a kid in a well, toy store when I got invited to Toy Insider’s HoliDAY of Play. They definitely know toys and play. Besides being able to get my hands on their holiday gift guide I was able to spend the afternoon playing with most of the toys included in it!!! And I got to meet the PJ Masks and a real life fairy. Hmm, now that I typed that I see why JustaBXgirl gets upset when she can’t come with me to work!
What can I say gathering the scoop on what’s hot for the holidays is hard work? But somebody’s got to do it. I promise not to steer you wrong and get you right on track for all of the best holiday options. I’m an early shopper so it’s been really difficult not to share with you some of my top choices so far!!! Hmm, I guess I can consider all of my recent shopping to be research. Yea, research that sounds right.
Back to the real research. The Toy Insider has done a SPLENDID job of doing the real leg work. They’ve narrowed things down to 42 toys in different categories (Tech 12, Stem 10 and Hot 20). Each category is further broken down by age group. They have inspired me to get my gift guides in order. Here you will find a few of my favorite picks from their recent showcase (in no particular order).
JustaBXmom’s Top 5 Picks from The Toy Insider’s HoliDAY of Play
- PJ Masks Headquarters Playset: I mean, come on. It’s PJ MASKS!!!! Even if it wasn’t a double sided playset, even if it didn’t have a level for each of our favorite little heroes, even if it didn’t come with Catboy and his Cat-Car we would still have fun playing with this. As soon as JustaBXgirl saw this (and all of the other PJ Mask toys) being released in October she wanted them ALL added to her Christmas list.
- Real Cooking Ultimate Baking Starter Set: JustaBXgirl loves baking. She loves being able to be involved in the process. This set makes involving her that much easier. Ans it comes with a fancy egg cracker that I would probably use EVERY DAY.
- Barbie Tablet. Powered by nabi: JustaBXgirl has an iPad which we both love BUT when I was able to see everything that came with the Barbie nabi I knew this too had to be added to her Christmas list. Not only does this come with pre-loaded Barbie apps that I know she would enjoy it has the BEST parental controls. Not only can you limit the time your child uses it but you can choose specific times for each app as well as turn apps off. So cool.
- Bosebuild: The fact that I could hear this tiny speaker in a huge crowded room that was filled with talking people and music is cool. The fact that it was built in front of me? So much more AWESOME. I could see JustaBXgirl and cousins having lots of fun with this one.
- My Fairy Garden: If this was around when I was a little girl maybe I could keep a plant alive today. JustaBXgirl enjoys gardening and loves fairies so this was a no brainer for my list.
Which of these would your littles like?