Children learn what they live. CTC Math is one of the first curriculums that we received to review. We’ve been using it for a little over a month now. When I shared with JustaBXgirl that I was going to begin writing a review for it, she asked if she could do the review. Out of the mouth of babes will come the truth. I figured she would simply write a few sentences saying that she likes it because, in all honesty, it has been her go-to source for math lessons.
Instead, she did more than I expected. In fact, she made me realize that while at times I stress her writing, she does an amazing job when she has something to say. Anyway, you’re not here to read about her writing. You are here to learn about if we think CTC Math is worth its weight in gold. Spoiler alert: we do!!!
Here is JustaBXgirl’s review, with a few minor corrections from Grammarly. I will add my two cents at the end.
JustaBXgirl’s CTC math review
CTC Math curriculum is a website that is focused on your child’s learning and will teach your child what they would learn in school. I like CTC because the curriculum is very clear with the lessons. CTC has grades from kindergarten to high school and you can assign your child lessons. CTC has tests to put your child in the right space they need. CTC gives reports to the parent as in when your child did log in. CTC is a great math curriculum for children of every age and provides a fun place to learn. CTC is a clear and short lesson that you can do in a jiffy. CTC focus on math it has multiplication, subtraction, division, and addition. I like CTC because the curriculum is very clear with the lessons. CTC grades your child and gives your child medals to encourage them so they will love to learn. CTC Math curriculum is fun for the child and fun for the parent. Your child will learn and be happy about it that is why I love the CTC Math curriculum and you should too!
5 QUESTIONS TO DETERMINE IF A CURRICULUM WORKS FOR YOU
- How do children learn using this curriculum? CTC Math is an online curriculum featuring over 1,400 video lessons that present the concepts of the math lesson step-by-step. The students then answer interactive questions based on the lessons. The answers then get entered into their progress reports!
- How can I track what my child is doing? The parent dashboard allows you to see when your child logs in as well as what your child did while logged in. You can also receive a weekly report highlighting how many lessons they completed, how many answers they got correct and more.
- What input do I have in what my child is learning? You can assign lessons to your child from the parent dashboard. You can also assign diagnostics test from the dashboard. Remember, there are over 1,400 lessons to choose from so you might be there a while.
- What grades does this curriculum cover? Kindergarten through twelfth grade.
- What does this curriculum cost? CTC Math offers a free trial. Once the free trial is over they offer monthly and yearly memberships. For one student, our rates are $29.97 monthly or $197 yearly. For more than one student, our rates are $39.97 monthly or $297 yearly. They currently have a deal for homeschoolers & families that offer half price and an additional 6 months of service!
We’ve decided that CTC is a definite plus to our homeschool experience. We have been using other math curriculums as well, and I have seen that when presented with the option of which curriculum to use, JustaBXgirl chooses CTC. We will be continuing to use this curriculum as our primary math one so that I do not have to stress if I’m teaching her math correctly. I love that she can do it independently because everything she needs is within the program, lessons, practice, and diagnostic reviews. I also love that it can be the only thing that we use and she still would be able to complete all of her lessons for mastery as well as cover the needed hours for NYC homeschooling.
So what are you waiting for? Go sign up for your free trial and then head over and see what other members of the Melanated Review Squad think of it too.
Join the discussion