Let me say this how JustaBXgirl would…”I’m slacking.” It seems somehow I missed doing my weekly post for the #30DayBloggingChallenge last week. Does that mean I need to do two this week? Nah, just means rather than continuing my slacking ways I will start this week with last week’s post.
And how fitting is it that the post I missed was about setting goals! I’ll let you in on a little secret. I’m a HUGE list maker. Scratching things off of a to do list is just so satisfying. With that said I’m going to give you a peek into what’s on my October To Do list. What’s the point in setting a goal if you’re not planning to reach it?
October Major Goals
- Family Time – As a momblogger family time and work time often go hand in hand. October is also a really busy month for activities in NYC (even if you’re not a blogger). I really want to work on being in the moment when spending time with my family and friends. I’m challenging myself to (Heaven forbid) take less pictures and create more moments.
- Increase Posting – It might seem that this goes against goal number 1 but it really doesn’t. I’ve been pretty good at posting about three times a week (some weeks more, few less). My plan for the month is to get up to four posts a week. A few months ago I shared in a blogging group that by the end of the year I wanted to be up to five posts a week and I think I need to start getting there. Even when taking time to be in the moment I am sure I will be gathering lots of material (if not as many photos) to share with all of you.
- Finish Christmas Shopping – Finish? Yup, that implies that I have already begun. I’m one of those crazy people that starts shopping around July. I don’t even want to share how many gifts I’ve already gotten for JustaBXgirl. I’ve also started getting things for her cousins. It’s my goal to be done shopping by the end of October and then only having to pick up stocking stuffers come December.
- YouTube – Our videos on Youtube are fun but very, very point and shoot. I want to get better at capturing the joy JustaBXgirl has making the videos. I’ve been getting tips from other bloggers and vloggers I admite and hoping to get our videos together.
- Self-Maintenance – I’m getting tired of looking at my mom bun and painting my own toenails. I have to schedule some time to get my hair done and enjoy a pedicure. Any recommendations for places to go? I haven’t had a regular beautician or pedicure place since I moved back to the Bronx nearly four years ago. Judge away!
There are my top 5 October goals. What do you have planned to work on???