Haven’t heard of The Liebster Award? Sit right down and let me tell you about it. It is a fun way for bloggers to shout out new bloggers they respect. It is also a way for all readers to learn about new blogs.
Each nominee nominates other new blogs as well as acknowledges the blog they were nominated by. I say all of that to say I was NOMINATED 🙂
Now it would be awesome if the nomination came with the chance to buy a new dress and spend a night out with fellow bloggers “networking” (or drinking wine). Alas, it doesn’t but it does let me sit here in my PJs (don’t judge me I work from home so I’m almost always in PJs) and brag about some of my favorite newer blogs. Let me know in the comments which is your favorite.
Now for my acceptance speech…oh right, not that kind of award.
I do want to say thank you to Mandie (not Mandy) over at Not Your Average Coffee Bean for nominating me for the award. Her blog is filled with honesty, life and humor.
You can see a little bit of her personality in the questions she came up with for her nominees. Oh, did I forget to mention that part? Yup, each blogger posts a series of questions for their nominees to answer.
To me this is a great way for my regular readers to learn not only about other bloggers but possibly a little more about me.
Without further ado, here are my questions from Mandie.
- If you were on a deserted island and could only eat one food indefinitely, BUT you could have as much as you wanted of it…what would it be? – Hmm, I am a foodie. I love to eat. I think I would go with chicken mac & cheese. That way I could have two of my favorite foods in one.
- If you had to choose either no cell phone or no social media for the rest of your life, which would you choose? – I would definitely go with no cell phone. If I could keep all of my social media accounts I could communicate with everyone via those.
- If you could rid the world of one thing, what would it be? – This one is simple. I would rid the world of HATE. If hate ceased to exist so many of our other problems would be solved. War would end because we would choose ways to resolve conflicts rather than spewing hate like oil on flames. Much violence would diminish as people wouldn’t have as much desire to destroy. Hunger and poverty would end because we would stop blaming and hating the poor and disadvantaged. Yup, let’s get rid of hate.
- What did you want to be when you grew up? – I had a lot of desired but the three things that lasted the longest were teacher, lawyer and mother. In many ways I’ve done the teaching thing. I created curriculum and ran workshops for a good 10+ years before changing industries. I stopped wanting to be a lawyer in high school after being on the law team for 3 years. And I never could have imagined how amazing being a mother is.
- What is your main goal for your blog? – This is a great question. I think I’m going to steal it for my nominees. I want to influence other parents. I want to make sure that no parent feels alone. I want all parents regardless of their marital or financial status to always know that they are enough. I want to offer experiences. I want to offer choices. I want to be the help that I need.
- Are you fluent in any languages? – Does sarcasm count? I’m an English only person. I can kind of sort of get by understanding Spanish but don’t expect me to respond.
- What is the thing you’ve accomplished that you’re most proud of? – JustaBXgirl’s foundation. A child’s foundation is critical in forming who they will become. At three she says grace before every meal (including snacks), helps with the laundry and dishes, and is respectful and bright. She will also tell you that she is beautiful, brilliant, bold and brave. She knows that she is a Princess and I am a Queen.
- Okay, you’re in a burning building and you can only bring one thing out with you. What would it be? – Since JustaBXgirl isn’t a thing I will assume she’s already out of the house. Probably my purse since it will more than likely have my wallet and phone.
- If you could have a conversation with anyone in the world, who would it be? – God, it would be good to be able to check in and make sure I’m living on the path He set forth for me.
- What is your favorite book and/or author? – My favorite author is Sofia Quintero (Black Artemis). Check her out and thank me later 🙂
- And lastly…since you’re on Not Your Average Coffee Bean–ahem–Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts? This is the definitive question. – If I’m paying Dunkin and if someone else is paying Starbucks.
What you’ve all been waiting for…My Nominees. I have to admit that I don’t know if they all fall under the less than 200 subscriber rule so I might get my award taken away for not following rules. I didn’t post ones that I know are over but these are so good I wouldn’t be surprised is they missed the cutoff. Oh well enjoy anyway.:
- Once upon a time I used to be cool and stylish. Now I just live vicariously through amazing style centered blogs like this Her Name Is Crystal.
- I found this blog via their Instagram account and love the honesty and humor included. Bitchy Mumma Blog
- If you know me then you know I can fly off of the handle but only momentarily. Most of the time I choose peace. I didn’t get there overnight but through cultivation. This is one of my gardeners. Meet Lynne Hurdle-Price
- Carla has great events posted for NYC based parents and shares her beautiful life and family on Agenda New York.
- Everyone And Their Mother The name alone says a lot. This blog is a great one with Bronx events (which are really hard to find) as well as a variety of other posts. A little something for everyone (and their mother).
There they are. Yup, we are supposed to choose 11 new blogs but I believe in quality over quantity and didn’t want to just add blogs that I don’t actually read.
And if you’ve made it this far here are the questions for my nominees. :
- What is the best advice you have ever been given or have ever given?
- What is the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning (after opening your eyes)?
- Your favorite Disney character and why?
- Who would you have chosen as the face of the new twenty dollar bill?
- Netflix or Cable?
- What is your main goal for your blog?
- Online shopping or in stores?
- What is the last book you read? Would you recommend it to others?
- If you could vacation anywhere with anyone without worrying about expense, where would you go and with who?
- Dora The Explorer or Dora And Friends (google it if you don’t know the difference)?
- And finally, one website (other than your own) that you visit daily.