Here it is. The day you’ve been waiting for. The day I share 20 things you’ve always wanted to know about ME. (I truly hope you read that with snarkiness and sarcasm.) When putting together this blogging challenge this was probably the day I liked least. I promise to do my best to include interesting facts and I would love for you to leave a comment on which facts fit you as well.
Here we go…drumroll please.
20 Random Facts about justaBXmom
1. I self published a novel called Breathe Again before JustaBXgirl was born. It’s still available on Amazon.
2. My pen name was Brooklyn Bradshaw.
3. I have started my second novel about 4 times since JustaBXgirl was born but I don’t usually get past the 4th chapter so it will be some time before the sequel to my first novel is out.
4. Along those same lines, I drafted a children’s book shortly after JustaBXgirl was born. I still need to get it illustrated so if you know anyone that might want to collaborate, send them my way!
5. I took belly dance as my Phys Ed requirement for 2 and a 1/2 years in high school even though I have absolutely no dance talent and hate being on stage. I did it because I didn’t want to take gym class and I loved the costumes.
6. I once stood in as a catalog model for an online boutique my friend was working with.
7. JustaBXgirl and I have the same initials (M.S.V.).
8. I stopped eating pork over 15 years ago by accident. It slowly fell out of my diet. I kind of wish I could do the same with red meat and chicken.
9. I was blonde for most of my senior year of high school.
10. I love looking at beaches and the ocean but sand annoys me and the ocean scares me.
11. I can’t swim.
12. I enjoy washing dishes. I find it calming. However, I do not like washing pots.
13. I have over 30 first cousins on my mother’s side of the family.
14. I’m very shy. I am what you would call an introverted extrovert.
15. I do not have my driver’s license even though I have had a learner’s permit on and off for the past 16 years.
18. I really dislike going to the post office. I currently have one package waiting to be picked up and two sitting near my desk waiting to be mailed. I simply have no desire to take the trip and deal with the horrible customer service my branch usually gives.
19. Before I was a parent I wanted four children. Now, I’m not so sure.
20. Teamwork makes the dream work is said in my home at least 17 times a day. What’s something you say a lot?