JustaBXgirl is five and a half. We celebrated her half birthday last month. She still uses a stroller. Not every day but once in a while, when it makes sense for both of us. I recently shared a photo of her using her new 3Dpac CS+ Compact Fold Stroller on Instagram. I realized how controversial this topic was after posting. Like, I knew people had opinions about when children should be out of strollers but people are really passionate about their beliefs on how old is too old.
I think the decision can be geographical. We live in an area where we do lots of walking. It is very easy to make your 10,000 steps living in NYC. Some days we leave our apartment before the sun wakes up and go to bed after it has long set. I get tired. JustaBXgirl gets tired. We both get cranky when we’re tired. It just makes sense on days like this to bring a stroller with us.
Currently, we bring the Summer Infant 3DPac Stroller with us because it has features we both love. It has a shoulder strap which makes it easy for me to carry it up and down stairs. In case you didn’t remember we live in a walkup building. The shoulder strap also makes it easy to carry up and down subway stairs since there still aren’t enough accessible stations. It has an adjustable recline which works great for JustaBXgirl. She actually enjoys curling up in the stroller and pulling down the extra-large canopy to have quiet time. She sometimes asks to sit in it even at home so she can have a few minutes to herself.
I really enjoy that it has a rear pocket, cup and phone holders. Oh, and storage! Storage is so important. We’ve had strollers that we loved but they didn’t last long for us because they didn’t have ample storage.
I can’t imagine going to a place like the Bronx Zoo or an amusement park without a stroller. I know the day is coming because most standard strollers (this one included) have a weight limit of 50 pounds. JustaBXgirl is still under 40 so we will enjoy the comfort and convenience of a stroller until we max out. Already at around 41 inches tall, she is too tall for many strollers.
I have friends that tsk at me whenever we head out for a long day adventure but then their children want to sit in my stroller! JustaBXgirl is usually pretty good at sharing because she doesn’t want to be in the stroller the entire time we’re out. She just likes having the option to sit when she gets tired. Don’t we all want that option? Did you know the Summer Infant 3DPac Stroller is car seat adaptable? Basically, it fits your child from baby to big kid! This works great since we have playdates with some of her younger friends and friends her age.
We can’t wait to take this stroller with us to Disney in January! At least at Disney parents don’t get judged for strollers.
If you’re looking for the specs on the Summer Infant 3DPac Stroller here you go:
- One-hand compact self-standing fold
- Car seat compatible (Graco SnugRide® Click Connect™, Chicco KeyFit® 30, and Chicco® Fit 2 only) and NO adapters needed!
- Lightweight – Only 16 lbs
- UV protection with oversized canopy with a pull out sun visor and peek-a-boo window
- Large storage basket for all your on-the-go needs
- Additional features: smooth glide wheels, auto lock, parent cup holder, cell phone holder, 5-point safety harness, adjustable recline and leg rest, bumper bar, child cup holder, padded carry strap
- Age & weight range: May be used at infancy through the use of your car seat, or at approximately 6 months, when your baby is sitting in the stroller seat independently (up to 50 lbs.)
- Folded size: 20.5” x 21.5” x 14.5”