I’ve been around the world and I, I, I don’t know my states! I don’t know when and I don’t know why I can’t remember them! That’s okay though because thanks to the Melanated Gold Review Squad, The Waldock Way is helping me teach the states to JustaBXgirl with their Traveling The States curriculum.
The Waldock Way has a number of amazing printable curricula at affordable prices. You definitely get a bang for your buck. JustaBXgirl has spent time learning about the U.S. States and their capitals when she was in traditional school. This year, we’ve covered them a bit but have mainly focused on math and writing. Traveling the States is a great way to help us delve into learning about each state in our nation. And trust me, when I say we, I mean we! I am one hundred percent honest in admitting that I cannot place every state on a map, or name their capitals! Am I the only one? Thanks to this curriculum, I don’t need to know it all. Isn’t that the best type of curriculum?
Here’s everything that is included:
Teachers Manual includes book list, game list, activities, link/QR code to a YouTube playlist, and recipes.
Student Notebook includes mapping your travels across the USA as well as a coloring page, flag page, state profile, and nature profile page for each state.
Nature Profiles that cover a bird or animal, flower, and tree for each state with a photo, fun facts, scientific name, and more for each.
Game Pack that includes Memory, Bingo, and Top Trumps games to help learn the facts in a play-based way.
Also included are postcards, snapshots, landmark building cards, brochure templates, and a famous person report template to enrich and extend the learning experience.
I love that you can truly make this your own curriculum. You can print it all at once, you can print only the pages you’re using for the day, you can focus on the games or nature profiles. You truly get to remix it the best way that works for your family. The teacher’s manual does include a suggested lesson plan checklist but even that has a notes section so that you can make it your own.
My little artist adores that she gets to color in the states and the flags. She was disappointed that it asks them to color the flag to match the state flag and not take her own liberties and customize it. We made Traveling the States our own and compromised. I printed the flags twice so that she can do the flags according to their current designs and then she could do it again and create her own color scheme.
Her favorite part of the curriculum is the Map Your Travels sheet. It allows littles to color in the states that they have visited. It has JustaBXgirl wanting to travel more. It also helped us to plan which order to study the states in. It is a wonderful addition to the full curriculum.
- How do children learn using this curriculum? This curriculum can be intense or it can be surface. It is really up to us. Children use additional resources to fill out the worksheets. There is a book list included to be used with it. We used atlases that we have at home and that worked fine.
- How can I track what my child is doing? You will have the completed worksheets to see how much your child has done.
- What input do I have in what my child is learning? You decide it all. You decide which state your child will study and when. You can choose to include the games in your learning or if you want to keep the games as rewards for later.
- What grades does this curriculum cover? It is designed for all ages.
- What does this curriculum cost? The curriculum is currently on sale for $28.
Don’t forget to head over and check out what my friends at Melanated Gold Review Squad think about this curriculum.