Okay, now y’all know I don’t do DIY very well. And as for recipes? I barely have time to throw mac and cheese into the microwave for three minutes much less to come up with a new dessert. HOWEVER, I have no problem sharing fun stuff that passes by my desk. And these two sweet recipes came by just in time for some delicious Valentine’s Day fun.
When I heard the name Goetze’s I couldn’t place it but the moment I opened the package with the Caramel Creams and Cowtails I got so excited thinking of how much I loved these as a little. They are the absolute yummiest. I decided not to share the samples I was sent with JustaBXgirl…shhhh… I loved that they have lots of fun recipes available to create sweet treats for your littles for Valentine’s Day. These are the ones that I would love to have you make for me:
Salted Caramel Chocolate Hearts
- Heart Silicone Candy Mold (Find on Amazon)
- In a skillet, melt butter and Caramel Creams together over medium-low heat. Stir and mix together until the Caramel Creams are totally melted into sauce.
- Divide the caramel evenly among the heart molds, pressing the candy firmly to fill each mold.
- Let the caramel cool overnight or refrigerate it for one hour.
- Cover a baking tray with parchment paper.
- When the candy has hardened, remove it from the mold, and place it on the parchment paper
- Microwave 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips for 30 seconds. Remove and stir. Repeat the process in 30-second intervals until the chocolate melts.*The chocolate can burn so don’t microwave for longer than 30 seconds at a time.
- Dip each candy heart in chocolate.
- Decorate each candy heart with pretzel salt. Give the candies about an hour for the chocolate to cool and harden.
- 32 unwrapped Caramel Creams
- Four (4) 1 oz squares of unsweetened chocolate
- ¼ cup evaporated milk
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tbs butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 sticks of butter
- 4 eggs
3. Melt butter and chocolate in a saucepan on low heat.
8. Bake an additional 25-30 minutes at 350°. Cool for 2+ hours, in the pan, at room temperature.