Okay, you already know how much I love Raya and the Last Dragon. I shared the movie in last month’s Watch List when it became available to own digitally. Now it is also available on 4K Ultra HD™, Blu-ray™, DVD. So, I’m here to share a few fun things that Disney has planned for this weekend AND let you know that I am giving away a digital code for the movie over on my IG page and I will be sharing one digital code as a raffle in my VIP (Very Important Parents) Community!
Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution has announced a partnership with AsianBossGirl to celebrate Disney’s “Raya and the Last Dragon,” the studio’s first Southeast Asian-inspired film with a “Weekend of Raya” event on Saturday, May 22, and Sunday, May 23.
Coinciding with Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month, the partnership will honor and highlight the cultures of Southeast Asia as well as the AAPI artists and filmmakers that helped to bring the film to life. From the delicious flavors of Thailand to the shadow puppetry of Indonesia, follow along on Instagram (@asianbossgirl) with AsianBossGirl hosts Melody Cheng, Helen Wu, and Janet Wang throughout the weekend and join in on fun activities including:
- A retelling of Raya’s epic adventures as told in the “Raya and the Last Dragon” Little Golden Book will be adapted as a Southeast Asian shadow puppet performance and by Girl Tales, a podcast that features strong female characters in reimagined fairytales. Watch the shadow play on the Disney Movies YouTube channel and stream the podcast during the weekend.
- An Instagram cooking demonstration hosted by Omsom co-founders and sisters Vanessa and Kim Pham along with “Raya and the Last Dragon” star Kelly Marie Tran. The duo will be cooking up a delectable dish using one of the starters from the Limited-Edition Southeast Asian Omsom Sampler. Don’t miss the virtual cooking class on Instagram (@omsom) on Saturday, May 22, at 2p (EST).
- A step-by-step cooking demo with Pepper Teigen (Chrissy’s Mom!!!) who will be whipping up a batch of coconut pancakes, a family favorite from her New York Times Bestseller® The Pepper Thai Cookbook. The video will be available on Instagram (@pepperthai2) the morning of Saturday, May 22.
- Explore the world of Kumandra with the “Raya and the Last Dragon” AR Experience. Log into the Disney Movie Insiders app to experience it now and bring #DisneyRaya to life. Membership required.
- Activity sheets filled with coloring pages and maze games as well as print-outs for families to create their very own Raya and Sisu shadow puppets along with downloadable recipe cards will be available at Disney Movie Insiders.
After you and your family enjoy the “Weekend with Raya” activities, bring everyone together to watch the “Raya and the Last Dragon” on Digital, 4K Ultra HD™, Blu-ray™ or DVD. This new release is complete with bonus footage and deleted scenes in stunning 4K Ultra HD quality and Dolby Audio.
Disney’s “Raya and the Last Dragon” Synopsis
Long ago, in the fantasy world of Kumandra, humans and dragons lived together in harmony. But when sinister monsters known as the Druun threatened the land, the dragons sacrificed themselves to save humanity. Now, 500 years later, those same monsters have returned and it’s up to a lone warrior, Raya, to track down the last dragon in order to finally stop the Druun for good. However, along her journey, she’ll learn that it’ll take more than dragon magic to save the world—it’s going to take trust as well. From directors Don Hall and Carlos López Estrada, co-directors Paul Briggs and John Ripa, producers Osnat Shurer and Peter Del Vecho, and featuring the voices of Kelly Marie Tran as Raya and Awkwafina as Sisu.
Join the discussion