I’m not sure if you know how important LEGO is in our home. I occasionally share JustaBXgirl’s projects on Instagram, but if I shared everything she did, then my channels would be purely LEGO. Rarely does a day go by that she doesn’t build something with LEGO bricks. That is why, when LEGO takes Manhattan this week, we will be there. We still aren’t doing too many public events but this is LEGO.
Why is LEGO coming to Manhattan? To celebrate the recently opened LEGOLAND NY, and LEGOLAND NY Resort opening on August 6th, of course! We visited the Florida park and hotel and completely loved it. Really hoping to get the chance to check out the NY one soon. Until that time though, on Friday, July 30th we can head to Union Square Park’s pedestrian plaza. The one-day activation will give a taste of what is to be experienced at the theme park & resort.
This activation will host the very last element to be incorporated into the theme park: a brick-based NYC-themed taxi cab. This is one special taxi cab. It consists of 95,410 bricks and took 370 hours to build.
But wait, there’s more! There will be a replica of the LEGOLAND New York archway to the park’s main entrance AND on-site ticket giveaways for 50 lucky families of four to visit the park! That’s not all though. The activation is accompanied by a one-day sweepstakes during the same time which consists of a LEGOLAND New York-themed limo riding around the city. Anyone who spots the limo can snap a pic of it, post it to Twitter or Instagram with the #takemetoLEGOLANDNY, where one lucky family will win an all-expenses-paid LEGO VIP limo experience to the theme park. If you win, please take us with you!
LEGOLAND® New York Resort
• LEGOLAND® New York Resort is the ultimate LEGO® theme park and hotel destination for kids age 2-12 and their families.
• Located in Goshen, New York, 60 miles northwest of New York City, LEGOLAND New York Resort is open summer 2021!
o We are pursuing a phased opening to manage capacity and encourage social distancing. Six of our seven lands are open for previews from May 29, and all seven will be open as of July 9!
• The Resort will be the third in the United States – joining our sister LEGOLAND Resorts in California and Florida – and the ninth LEGOLAND in the world.
• The Resort will feature 15,000 LEGO models, containing 30 million LEGO bricks. • LEGOLAND New York Resort takes guests on a journey through seven LEGO-themed lands:
o Brick Street – The beginning of the LEGOLAND New York experience. Guests pass under the iconic arch and into a world that appears to be built of LEGO bricks!
o Bricktopia – The land with no rules, where guests can build anything they can imagine. Here, guests can experience the brand-new LEGO Factory Adventure Ride, exclusive to LEGOLAND New York, which transforms you into a Minifigure!
o LEGO® NINJAGO®World – In this land, aspiring ninjas can master the ancient art of Spinjitzu. Guests start in Training Camp, and progress to LEGO NINJAGO: The Ride, where they can help defeat the Great Devourer using only their hands as weapons!
o LEGO Castle – The home of the LEGO Castle! This land features the Dragon, LEGOLAND’s signature roller coaster, which is sized for a child’s first coaster experience. For younger riders, Dragon’s Apprentice offers the chance to help a flock of baby dragons learn to fly!
o LEGO City – A bustling metropolis of Minifigures, LEGO City features Driving School, one of LEGOLAND Park’s most popular rides, where kids can receive their official LEGOLAND driver license!
LEGO, the LEGO logo, the Minifigure, and LEGOLAND are trademarks of the LEGO Group. ©2015 The LEGO Group. LEGOLAND is a part of Merlin Entertainments.
o LEGO Pirates – The place for young buccaneers to find adventure! With Splash Battle, Anchors Away! and Rogue Riders, LEGO® Pirates is the place to get wet!
o Miniland – The heart of every LEGOLAND® theme park, Miniland contains a massive panorama of animated, interactive LEGO-built cities from across the country. LEGOLAND New York’s Miniland features all five boroughs of New York City, with landmarks including the Statue of Liberty, the Empire State Building, both the city’s baseball stadiums, the Bronx Zoo, Coney Island, the Queens Museum and Unisphere, and the Staten Island Ferry!
• LEGOLAND New York Resort will offer a 250-room hotel, also opening in summer 2021, giving families the ultimate immersive multi-day LEGO experience.
• LEGOLAND New York Resort occupies 150 acres of a more than 500-acre site. A further 150 acres will be permanently preserved to create a natural buffer around the Resort, giving guests the experience of a “Park within a park.”
• Merlin Entertainments is a global leader in location-based, family entertainment. As Europe’s number one and the world’s second-largest visitor attraction operator, Merlin now operates nearly 130 attractions, 19 hotels, and 6-holiday villages in 25 countries across four continents. Merlin’s purpose is to deliver memorable experiences to its 67 million guests around the world, through its iconic brands and multiple attraction formats, and the commitment and passion of its 28,000 employees (peak season).
• For more information about LEGOLAND New York Resort, visit http://www.LEGOLAND.com/new-york – or follow on Facebook.
Join the discussion